Welcome to the inaugural episode of the Girl Tries Life podcast. We’re kicking things off with 21 days of micro-podcasts, 5-10 minute episodes where I’m going to give you tangible, actionable challenges to work towards your dreams, your goals, and living your best life.
Today, we start with ‘why’?
A question that five year olds around the world ask incessantly, but turns out they might be onto something.
If you’re not clear on your why, the core reason(s) that you want to do something, then how in the heck will you ever achieve it.
I go into more details in the podcast itself as to some of the questions that I want you to ask yourself and the reasons behind it, so make sure you take a listen.
Top tip: For the next 21 days, dedicate a single notebook to writing down the challenges, taking notes, etc. Having it all in one place will give you an anchor to come back to and focus.
Day 1 Challenge:
Grab a notebook and a pen. I want you to take some real time (grab a quiet/calming space with no distractions) and envision your life 3-5 years from now.
Ask and answer some of the following questions:
- What does your best life look like?
- Where are you working? What do you like about your job? WHY are you doing this kind of work?
- What is your living space like? WHY have you chosen it? What does it feel like?
- What about your body? What kind of choices are you making about exercise and food, and WHY?
- What does your love life look like? What is it you love about the person you’re with and WHY are those things so important to you?
- What are your relationships like with friends and family? How do you feel about them? WHY these specific people? What is it about them that is important to you?
- What does your spiritual or religious life look like? How do you incorporate it, or not, into your daily decisions? WHY? Why is it, or isn’t it, important to you?
- What is your personal mission? What are you working towards, what is your dream, WHY is it important to you?
In a nutshell, think of all aspects of your life and ask WHAT does it look like, HOW are you making decisions about these areas of your life or HOW does it feel, and WHY is it important?
WHAT. HOW. HOW. WHY.
I look forward to chatting with you tomorrow, on DAY 2 of the 21 Days to Kick Start Your Best Life challenge.
Make sure that you don’t miss an episode and subscribe on iTunes.
AND, throughout the course of the next 21 days, I’d love to hear from you about how things are going and see some of the challenges in action.
Follow me on social media (FB, Twitter, Insta… maybe Snapchat – not totally my thing) @girltrieslife and share your own photos with the hashtag #girltrieslife21
I haven’t quite decided what it is going to be yet, but for one of you gals that kicks this challenge’s butt and gets involved on social, I’m going to send you a prize of some sort (to be determined).